Business Innovation and Investment
Investment Stream 188 (b)
ABOUT THIS VISA
This is also a provisional visa and it allows you to stay in Australia for approximately 4 years. It is perfectly designed for investors who are willing to invest and manage investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in Australia.
Before applying for this visa, you need to have nomination by Australian Government.
Top Benefits of Business Investor Visa 188b
- You can travel in and out of Australia multiple times up to 4 years and 3 months.
- You can bring business and investment activity in Australia
- You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you like up to 4 years and 3 months
- You can bring your family members with you.
- You can be eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
Don’t forget to check your eligibility if you are interested as the assessment is absolutely free of cost. Please fill out the assessment form and one of our Australian Registered Migration Agents will get back to you at the earliest.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THIS VISA
1- Nomination by the Government:
In order to apply for this visa, you must be nominated by the Australian Government.
2- Own and Manage a Business
You are able to meet one condition in the last five years before award of visa.
- you hold at least 10% ownership interest in qualifying business, or
- Manage an eligible investment of at least AUD1.5 million owned by you and/or your partner.
3- Personal assets
- Before applying, you and/or your partner must have at least AUD 2.25 million of total personal and business assets for consecutive two financial years and it must be transferred to Australia within 2 years of awarding of visa.
The investment made by you must be under your name or you and your partner’s name You must also invest in the state or territory where nominating government agency is located.
5- Living in the same state
You intend to live in the same territory or state for minimum 2 years in which you are applying for investment.
6- Score of 65 or +
You need to score at least 65 points and you can receive point for the following categories.
- English language ability
- Business experience
- Net personal and business assets
- Business turnover
- Special endorsement
7- Be under 55
You must be under 55 at the time of the invitation to apply for the visa.
8- Other main factors
The department will also examine your certain aspects such as your English Language skills, health and character history etc.